Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Total Package comes to Middle Georgia

My grandfather on my mother's side was a big wrestling fan. Every Saturday night, and I mean every Saturday night, he was in front of that T.V.

So when I heard that Lex Luger, one of the Four Horsemen, artisan of the Human Torture Rack, was going to be in town talking to teenagers, I volunteered to cover it.

I don't usually link my own stories here, but I really like the way this one turned out. This was a broken and contrite man who says he has given his life to Christ.

I shot some video, too. Some of it is him playing to the crowd, some of it is his testimony. But the end is about the death of Miss Elizabeth, whom wrestling fans will probably remember.

She was his girlfriend (even though he was married) and she died of a drug overdose in the townhouse he'd purchased for her. Died in his arms.

It's an emotional description, and a cautionary tale.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog, and cool design, like Kirai's one!

Besos from Spain :-)