Thursday, October 4, 2007

Richt: No Thursday night games in Athens

I'm looking forward to watching Kentucky-South Carolina tonight. But the big boys play football on Saturdays.

From David Ching:
On whether (Coach Mark Richt) thinks Georgia will ever play on Thursday nights:
"Not at home. I don’t know if we’ve ever been asked to play away or not. But I don’t want to step out of line because I’m not sure if Damon’s given some policies. I know we’re not gonna play any at home – and you can’t. You’ve got an on-campus stadium. You would literally have to shut down the school. We’re not gonna shut down the school. We shouldn’t shut down the school for that. I suppose if there’s an away game, it could probably work if you opened dates for it just right, but I don’t want to go on a five-day (span) where you play Saturday and then Thursday."

No comments: