Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dispatches from the road: Bait is made for Killing

I don't know about you, but I think I'll drive from Baton Rouge to the beach today with a smile on my face. Here's what I got so far:

Stay classy, Alabama gas station:

---
With the exception of some forgettable defense in the 4th, we saw the "killer instinct," Richt "keeping his foot on their throat" or whatever other "finish the drill" metaphor you like against LSU.
---
Knowshon's riding the short bus. Because he's special.
---
A guy sitting next to my buddy said 1998 LSU is the only time he's ever feared for his safety at a public event. But I didn't see that at all. The vast majority of LSU fans I came in contact with were all class.
---
That said, that whole tiger bait thing is ridiculous. I should have t-shirts made that say "Tiger Bait" with an arrow pointing to my face.
---
Also, this guy told me he would "salt the Earth" when LSU comes to Athens next year. I'm pretty sure he also threatened to kill Athens area cattle, and I know he promised to rape women during his visit, "like the Romans used to do." He also screamed, for anyone to hear, that he was superintendent of schools for an area school system.


Hello, school board? I think you've got some firing to do.
---
Welcome back to the Heisman race, Mr. Moreno. And then there's this: Moreno's touchdown in the third quarter gave him 26 for his career -- tying Thomas Brown for the most by any player since Richt's arrival in 2001.
---
Darryl Gamble for Heisman.
---
Gamble for Nobel Prize for Defense.
---
It was nice to see Kenneth Harris snag a touchdown.
---
Hi, I'm Mike Bobo. My balls are huge. I throw freshmen tight ends the first pass of their career when I'm backed up near my own endzone and the game just needs to be salted away.
---
You think when Bobo calls the tunnel screen he imagines himself throwing it to Champ Bailey... sixteen times in a row?
---
"Salt the earth" guy was my second favorite LSU fan. This guy was No. 1. Note that it says "LSU" on his boots:
---
31 had been the most a Georgia team had scored in Baton Rouge. The 52 we scored Saturday was one more than Florida put on them.
---
Florida put up 63 on Kentucky. Also known as "tomorrow's problem."
---
Note to LSU band: Don't play "Livin' on a Prayer" when you're down 14 in the 4th.
---
The stadium got pretty loud there with about 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. Just think if half the people hadn't left at the 10 minute mark.
---
Penn State: No turnovers, no penalties in their 10-6 win over Ohio State.
---
I'm told Navy did not attempt a pass during their game.
---
Saturday was like national offense day in College Football. Just perusing some of the scores people put up. Florida 63. Oklahoma 58. Our 52. Texas Tech 63. TCU 54. Missouri 58. Rutgers 54.

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Catching up on my favorite blogs.. Thanks for the humor and doesn't it feel great to see our offense come together like that? I miss out of town games. Maybe when the kids are older ...

BTW - My kids went to the same preschool as Mike Bobo's kids (and David Perno's too) - God I'm going to miss Athens!!!

Anonymous said...

49-10