Sunday, November 9, 2008

More on the Kentucky game

One of the great talents in this world is an ability to sum things up. From the Gentleman from College:
"This team still hasn’t played a complete game this year and time is starting to run out."
----
I spoke to my Grandmother tonight, and eventually she asked me the score of the Florida game. And when I told her she said:
"I knew it was terrible, but I didn't know it was that bad."
That's the final word on the Florida game for me. My grandmother considers it surprisingly worse than terrible.
----
Voicemail from my buddy Joe during the Kentucky game:
Stafford looks like a Mad Scientist out there, dude. He's just throwing shit all over the place. (pause.) Freaking me out a little bit."
----
And this one's from my buddy Dan. It would prove to be a popular sentiment:
"Hey man, you feel like somehow we've gone back to the Jim Donnan days all of a sudden? I wonder if we'll wear our black pants to the Outback Bowl."
----
Redemption, thy name is Mohamed Massaquoi.
-----
How did we manage to get a facemask penalty on 4th and hopeless without actually touching a Kentucky player's facemask?

I tried to actually answer that question, but the NCAA College Football rule book is 266 pages long and contains sentences like this:
The basic spot on legal kick plays before a change of possession is the previous spot, and fouls by the offensive team behind the basic spot are spot fouls.
Suck it, NCAA.

1 comment:

Nick said...

That was a classic Dan line!