Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The "U" in UF stands for "under no circumstances will you ever beat us again"

When I heard on the radio this morning that the University of Florida softball team had been swept in the College World Series finals last night, it put a smile on my face. And this picture of the girls' faces, standing with their runner-up trophy, made me smile again.

So that's what it's come to. I'm 33 years old, and the fact that the University of Florida could only produce the second best women's softball team in the country is enough to kick in the schadenfreude.

I think it's time to admit that my soul is a wholly owned subsidiary of Florida Athletics Inc. I am presided over by Athletic Director Jeremy Foley and his evil enforcers, Tim Tebow, Urban Meyer and Billy Donovan.

Coach Richt, Coach Fox, Damon Evans, I'm begging you. I don't want to live like this.

No comments: