Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Coach Dooley: 2009 Dawgs united

Vince Dooley was in Macon today signing books. He predicts a win against Oklahoma State, as do I.

Much has been made about the chemistry on this year's team. With Knowshon and Stafford leaving early, you had to expect the "team is the star of the team" narrative to take hold. But I found this comment from Coach Dooley particularly heartening:
"I think Coach Richt is gonna have more fun with this team than any team he's had in a long time. ... I don't know if they'll be champions, but they'll be champions in his mind. ... The coaches and the players are as united as I've ever seen a football team."
You know, Oklahoma State may be falling apart before our very eyes with injuries, distractions and a defection. Maybe I'm just feeling what I hope, but the closer we get to the season, the more I feel like there may just be a little magic in the air.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good lord I hooe so. We could use a little majic.

Anonymous said...

hope

Anonymous said...

magic. nice buzz

Anonymous said...

We will be national champions this year. mark my words.

Hayden Thomas

Stephen said...

Coach Dooley seems to be pretty satisfied from what he is seeing. I like how the team seems to be in unity. we will see saturday. Go Dawgs