Monday, August 27, 2007

Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu

That was Mother Teresa's given name, according to a New York Daily News piece we ran this weekend.

When I heard on CNN, or some place, that Mother Teresa had a crisis of faith for much of her life, I thought - "oh, that happens to everyone." But the depth of her loss, and the obvious pain it brought her, just sadden my heart.
"If there be God - please forgive me. When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven, there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives and hurt my very soul," she wrote.

"How painful is this unknown pain - I have no Faith.

How could someone so good become such an empty shell of faith?

Or, to put it another way, why does God let bad things happen to good people?

What, I wonder, did Mother Teresa think of on her death bed? And what did she see after she died?

No comments: