Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Georgia tech knows what women want: robotics demonstrations

Sent to me by my buddy Huff...

Part of me thinks: "This just can't be real."

The rest of me knows: "Of course it is."

Georgia tech, famous for its lack of attractive female students, is apparently recruiting women. That's actually commendable. But when your pitch involves robots, I think you've... I don't even know how to finish that thought. Something about a self-fulfilling prophecy and a stereotype explained.

To paraphrase George Costanza, I know less about women than anyone in the world. But even I know they're not going to any robotics demonstration:
Bring a Girl to tech

Saturday, April 26
Technology Square Research Building (85 5th Street, Atlanta)
9:30 – 10:00 a.m.: Check-in, Coffee & Doughnuts
10:00 – 10:10 a.m.: Admissions Welcome
10:10 a.m. – Noon: Robotics Program

Only an hour and 50 minutes? That's not nearly long enough.

By the way, ladies, if April 26 can't come soon enough for you, be sure to check out the tech Pi Mile 5K Race. I don't have any idea what that means, and I don't want to know.

UPDATE: Anyone else notice I had "demonstrations" misspelled for two days?

No comments: