Joe: Let's call him Annakin.
This Damon Evans situation needs to end with an upgrade. I look forward to watching Greg McGarity choke people with his mind.
President Adams has a press conference today at 2 p.m. I'm assuming Fox 5 Atlanta, which streamed Evans' press conference last week, will do the same for Adams.
Update: I watched most of President Adams' presser. Some key points:
- Damon resigned, but it was "after he and I had a meeting on Friday."
- There is no timetable to hire a new AD, but Adams quipped that he'd "like to have it concluded today." He noted that "anyone that you want already has a good job and so you have to work with someone else's schedule as well as your own."
- "The first look (for a new AD) is outside," but that doesn't mean Adams won't promote from within. Still, he said, "I want an outside opinion to take a hard look at what we're doing."
- Adams is meeting with coaches and senior staffers today at 4 p.m. He hasn't talked to Coach Richt yet.
- Said he had "not had any reason to question (Damon's) judgement" prior to this incident.
- Said he didn't "know of any material facts other than the ones that have been reported" in this case.