Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Good luck to the Hoop Dawgs

If you're looking for a good summary of all the things that have gone down with our "basketball team" the last few months, Mark Schlabach (UGA grad, former AJC reporter, now with ESPN and, I think, The Washington Post) has a write-up that DawgsOnline hipped me to.

I have to admit, though, I stopped reading after the third paragraph:
ATHENS, Ga. -- Forward Takais Brown, Georgia's leading scorer in 2006-07, was kicked off the team before this season even started. Guard Mike Mercer, the team's second-leading scorer last season and most athletically gifted player, was shown the door shortly thereafter.

So why does Bulldogs coach Dennis Felton believe his program is better than ever?

"I really like this team," Felton said. "We're as talented as we've ever been."

Riiiiiight.

UPDATE: Whammy!

UPDATE II: To call this to your attention would just be piling on. I look forward to the days when we can recognize the existence of the Georgia men's basketball team.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Good article, worth reading!