Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Three awesome Georgia things

Words nearly fail me on this first one. Though "Someone buy me this," sounds about right. Stadium history + mascot line =


Available from Ballies Art Center in Augusta.

Then there's the Bulldog clock:





"Awesome" is now officially a time. From this guy, but it might be an older link. I'm checking to see if there are any left. If you buy the last one before I have a chance I will kill a Georgia tech family that attends your church.


Finally, I guess this was a short-lived blog back in 2006. The slogan says it all: "A blog devoted to analyzing Georgia football in painful detail while disparaging Georgia tech mercilessly."

Yes, yes, and yes. I think this post, about the often ridiculous Fifth Quarter call-in show, was my favorite:
Dantzler: “Dr. Football, you’re on the air.”

Dr. Football: “Oh, uhhhhh…. Coach Eason, uhhh… well, I noticed today that you had the receivers in cover 2, and I just can’t figure out why you wouldn’t use the nickel package.”

Eason: [Confused] “I’m not sure I understand the question.”

Dr. Football: “Well, I’ll tell you right now that if you keep lining the receivers up in a stunt there ain’t no way we’re going to beat Tennessee next month. See last year in the semi-finals of the Habersham County Rec. Department 8 and under football tournament I put my receivers in press coverage and…” [call abruptly ended by technicians]

Dantzler: “Let’s move on to the next caller."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm firmly convinced that the portion of the free world which believes our fan base is the pits gets that impression from listening to the Fifth Quarter show on the way out of town after the games.

Personally, I think it's hilarious - especially after three or four beers.

Lucid Idiocy said...

Three or four? Are you somehow listening to the show at 9 in the morning?