Thursday, January 15, 2009

Reshad to AJC: I haven't decided

UPDATE: Reshad says he has decided to stay. I think it's a good decision, and I'm glad he'll be with the team in 2009.
----
The news that Reshad Jones is considering, and may in fact be leaning toward declaring for the NFL draft, is not surprising. But it is disappointing. It is also misguided on his part.

I don't think there's ever been a player I was as excited about signing as I was Reshad Jones. If you want to field a destructive defense in Georgia, you've got to sign 5-star safeties out of Atlanta.

Reshad, stay in school for yourself. You need the extra year. And if you don't want it, I wish you good luck.

But I doubt a paycheck is going to teach you how to tackle.

2 comments:

Mackie said...

Ugh...that video is the visual equivalent of trying to shake a fat girl at a party. For God's sake, please just make it go away.

Anonymous said...

I've hit innocent pedestrians on the street much harder than that.

Christian Okoye