Saturday, December 26, 2009

ESPN: Urban Meyer is leaving Florida

ESPN's announcing team for the Meineke Car Care Bowl just said that Florida AD Jeremy Foley has confirmed that Urban Meyer is stepping down.

"So, you did see that. That wasn't just on my television?"
- Joe


Update: It appears to be for health reasons. The University of Florida Athletic Department site won't load for me, probably due to traffic, but The Houston Chronicle of all places reports:
Urban Meyer is stepping down as Florida's football coach, the school announced on its athletics Web site Saturday.

“I have given my heart and soul to coaching college football and mentoring young men for the last 24-plus years and I have dedicated most of my waking moments the last five years to the Gator football program,” Meyer said in a statement. “I have ignored my health for years, but recent developments have forced me to re-evaluate my priorities of faith and family.”
I don't know what to think. But if Meyer pulls a Billy Donovan, I'll kill him.

No comments: