Monday, December 14, 2009

I honestly got nothing

That's actually a lie.

The 18 minutes I thought we might hire Bud Foster were some of my happiest in the last six months.
---
I don't think I've ever mentioned this before but "lucid idiocy" is basically a better second draft to the phrase "stupid philosophy," which I always thought would make a clever small book title.

All words and titles patent pending, copyright 1976:
Let's say you find a monkey's paw, or a remote control with crazy powers, or some sort of box that grants wishes. Now, all lore, parables, movies, etc., point to this being too good to be true. Cursed, if you will.

And yet ...
.
In the Bible, does it just say "thou shalt have no other gods before Me," or does it say, "There are no other gods?"
.
We put an announcement in the paper: The million dollar party has been renamed the more than a million dollar party. All other plans remain as advertised.
.
Jesus: Look, the important thing is to treat people the way you would want to be treated.

Peter: Ah, an eye for an eye.
---
The column makes a good point: "If voters had to choose right now between instituting a draft or exiting Afghanistan and Iraq, the troops would be out of those two countries in a heartbeat."

4 comments:

MikeInValdosta said...

You crack me up.

What do I have to do to get a link on your blog?

I probably would not do it, just curious.

Myrna said...

That's a good point about God and the kind of thing my kids like to point out now. I think Jesus knew just how profound a concept that was when he told his apostles the "golden rule" - and believe me, after having two kids, I know how hard it is to teach.

As for me, I am a Christian whose country is at war with an ideology that opposes me and my government represents very little of my own beliefs. It is a very frustrating paradox. (That sounded a bit like stupid philosophy.)

Lucid Idiocy said...

At the moment all you have to do is quote David Pollack.

But I'll add you to the roll.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I can’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader. Can you Help me, please :)