Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wrong about so much

That corpse you planted last year in your garden,
Has it begun to sprout?


Let me start with apologies to The Orlando Sentinel. While I stand by some of my complaints, it is clear that your decision to rank Georgia the 62nd best football team in the nation was not only reasonable, but impressively prescient.

And to Andrea Adelson, who I did not call by name here, but certainly called names in my head, I was wrong. Suddenly ESPN's decision to hire you from The Sentinel seems brilliant, and I'm beginning to doubt a great many things.

Is Lou Holtz a talented broadcaster? I just don't know anymore, because my world is broken.

Now, Coach Richt. Good grief, man.

You were hired to be Georgia's head football coach because we believed in you. But you were also hired to believe in yourself, and to do what you think is right. You need to quit this crisis of confidence shit and do what you need to do. Return to awesome. I think you can do it, but do you?

I have some thoughts on what's wrong, and words for individual players, coaches and staff members. But that's a long and futile list. But what really bothers me, more than play calling ever will, is that our team looks like a bunch of pansies.

That reflects the head man, the assistants, the strength and conditioning program and recruiting.

But most of all, it reflects the players in uniform. And I want to know why no one is standing up and saying "My name is _____ ____, and I'm not going to put up with this shit any more."
Joe: There is way too much fat to trim. I don't know how you run an operation like that.

Starnes: The strength problem is just so obvious now. If you can't kick ass on the offensive line ... maybe they shouldn't have taken a day off to go swimming.

Huff: On second, more sober thought, heads don't need to roll yet. But I'm still really pissed off.


This is how I feel about the last 3 years of Georgia football.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GaDawg7781 said...

While I still think CMR can get it done, I also believe you hit the nail on the head with our strength and conditioning being outdated because we are not winning the war in the trenches.

Lucid Idiocy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

On the bright side I heard you guys have a fantastic women's gymnastics team.