Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Auburn: Not my friend, and that hasn't changed

I realize some people are calling Auburn "classless" in the wake of Saturday's game. I'm not one of them. That's not a boomerang I throw, because it always comes back.

I'm saying Nick Fairley shouldn't be allowed to put his helmet into someone's back when they don't have the ball or use his facemask to cut someone. I don't understand why we can't all agree on that.

Still, this is funny:


"You are the epitome of a sore loser. I hope your children have nightmares about Nick Fairley until they are 18 years old."

Fair enough.

I also know some have seen this game as a turning point in our rivalry, transforming it from a relatively friendly affair to something more hostile.

I have no idea what those people are talking about. We have never been friends.

I've always seen Auburn as a lesser cousin. Not too much different in circumstance, but a little poorer, a little dumber and a little uglier.

And, yet, somehow, he still ends up sleeping with your wife. None of that has changed. It's just been re-affirmed.

No comments: