Monday, November 21, 2011

His middle name was Harry

What can you say about Larry Munson after, "He was the best?" What can I add to a 40-year love affair and a tradition that somehow grew as strong as the game itself?

Not much. There are few unturned stones along the path of Larry Munson's life. Reporters have been ringing him up for years, hoping to write their part to the gravely chorus of his life.

But maybe you don't already know he was from Minnesota, served in World War II and that his middle name was Harry. Lawrence Harry Munson.

One of a kind indeed.

3 comments:

greasemonger said...

Amen to that brother. sorely missed. Glad I found your blog.

Anonymous said...

After 5 1/2 years my favorite wedding present is still the Larry Munson autographed picture you gave us.

I miss Larry!

Erajh

Lucid Idiocy said...

I went on a tear there where all I gave for wedding presents was Munson pictures. Think it's time to re-ignite that tradition.