Monday, January 9, 2012

I'd like to know our plan in the secondary

With Jordan Love leaving, and word on the street that we're "full" at corner next year, I'm curious about what I don't know with our secondary.

Shawn Williams, Bacarri Rambo and Branden Smith are all said to be weighing their NFL draft options, though my money says only Rambo bolts. Brandon Boykin is a senior, Paul Hornung award winner and NFL bound. Sanders Commings is back, giving us a solid man at one corner.

After that, there are a few high-profile recruits (Nick Marshall, come on down, at pretty much any position), but it's not a roster position that stikes me as fully taken care of.

Luckily, what I don't know can fill a warehouse.

1 comment:

Roman said...

Damian Swann will see the field early and often at corner in 2012. Corey Moore is another depth adding safety that will contribute. With the departure of J.Love look for us to sign at least one DB this class.