Thursday, October 6, 2016

The rehabilitation of Isaiah Crowell

When erstwhile Georgia star Isaiah Crowell sent a cartoon depiction of a police officer being murdered out into the internet, that could have been it for the troubled young running back.

His talent, no doubt, saved him again. That his talent is relative to the rest of the Cleveland Browns organization helped immensely.

But at the end of the day the broader lessen is this: There are no knuckleheads beyond redemption:
"I said, 'Isaiah, why did you send me a check? I told you you didn't have to send me a check,''' Pennie said. "He said, 'Sarge, I want to do it. I really want to do it.' I said, 'okay, alright, you will now be an executive level sponsor. So now, you are a celebrity sponsor of the Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation.'' 
Crowell, asked by cleveland.com about the donation this week in the Browns locker room, was reluctant to discuss it. He never wanted publicity for it in the first place.
Crowell is currently the NFL's second-leading rusher, by the way.




No comments: