Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Satan's Bride LLC was taken

More reporting from the blog most likely to question your company name...

I'm reading one of Chrysler's bankruptcy filings. And I learned this:
Chrysler’s ultimate parent company is Chrysler Holding LLC (“Holding”). The owners of Holding are Cerberus Capital Management L.P. (“Cerberus”) and Daimler AG (“Daimler”). As of the Petition Date, Cerberus or its affiliates held 80.1% of the membership interests in Holding, and Daimler or its affiliates held 19.9 % of its membership interests.
You named your company after the three-headed dog whose job was to guard the gates of hell?

Then you bought Chrysler and hired Dan Quayle. Sign me up, I want on this gravy train.

From Wikipedia: "(Company founder Steve) Feinberg has stated to his employees that while the Cerberus name seemed like a good idea at the time, he later regretted naming the company after the mythological dog."

1 comment:

Myrna said...

Maybe instead of Abby, I should have named my little girl Medussa. That could make her teen years extra-fun.